martedì 24 gennaio 2012

WHB #318 - Monkfish baked with potatoes and leeks


 
Italian recipe Here

There's always a first time and this is my first time with the monkfish.
I bought in a fit of culinary madness, two beautiful monkfish (about 250 g each) with the idea of ​​preparing them simply.
My husband has found out to love this fish when, some years ago in Rimini, has eaten by a 'fainting': delicious!
Since then he have often asked to try to replicate the recipe but, frankly, I do not evenremember how composed, let alone equal his goodness...
So I have invented a recipe using few but tasty  ingredients always present in my home,potatoes and leeks.



Ingredients for 2:

- 2 monkfish  (about 250 gr or 9.0 oz each)
- 2 potatoes
- 1 big leek (or 2 small)
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp garlic and chopped parsley
- salt, extra virgin olive oil and dried chives

I washed, peeled and cut into chunks regular potatoes and the white part of leek.


I sauté the vegetables in a pan with oil evo, salt and chives.



I cooked about 10 minutes



in the meantime I have washed and peeled the monkfish. 



I lined a baking pan with oven paper, I put the vegetables and I set above fishI mixed the breadcrumbs with the parsley and garlic and salt,  I distributed this mixture over the fish and vegetables.  I baked in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.



I finished cooking by turning the grill for a few minutes to color the surface.
Place on the plate I just skirting the fish with the vegetables.


With this recipe I participate in the WHB # 318 hosted by Cindystar 


Thanks to:
                                         
                                                    Kalyn di Kalyn’s Kitchen


3 commenti:

  1. http://max-blogdimax.blogspot.com/2012/01/piesfoglia-o-tortadi-zucchinee-whb318.html

    ciao questa è la mia...

    RispondiElimina
  2. Grazie per questa insolita coda di rospo, io adoro i porri! :-)
    A fra poco con la raccolta :-)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Grazie a te per aver ospitato, un abbraccio Kri

      Elimina